We seek a Managing Director of Development to oversee our comprehensive fundraising activities with complete responsibility for developing, overseeing, and implementing comprehensive strategies for the Foundation’s financial sustainability and growth. This individual will work closely with our Executive Team on targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines. Our goal is to strengthen our development infrastructure, increase our visibility, and build new partnerships. Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual will focus on raising funds through individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, special events, foundations, and government grants. Additionally this individual will assist with the production, event marketing, and fundraising and will oversee donor cultivation events. The Managing Director of Development would be joining a small, hardworking and committed team and play an instrumental role in taking the organization into the future.
Reports to Executive Director
Responsibilities & Required Skills
- Play a leadership role in building institutional giving and corporate matching programs
- Research foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities and recommend prospects with the greatest potential and propose cultivation strategies including developing relationships with individuals and program officers
- Examine HAF’s existing development portfolio and identify strengths to build upon and areas to improve
- Develop and oversee implementation of a data-driven outreach plan
- Identify and develop new markets as well as expanding current markets
- Create and implement e-fundraising plans
- Build or strengthen relationships with donors and represent HAF externally
- Possess excellent project management skills for motivating and helping to guide cross-departmental teams
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to manage tasks independently, supported by weekly meetings with senior management team
- Oversee the Senior Director of Philanthropic Partnerships regarding major gifts, planned giving, and donor directed gifts programs to acknowledge major donors and nurture continued giving
- Keep Executive Director and HAF management informed of trends and key donor information
- Bachelor's degree a minimum, Masters preferred
- 7+ years work experience in non-profit Development required
- Strong working knowledge with Gsuite and Google Analytics
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP
- Experience working in a close-knit team environment, but can complete tasks independently when necessary
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Creative, bold, and ambitious
- Submit a current resume and cover letter explaining relevant accomplishments and potential contributions to HAF.
- Include two (2) professional references, including nature and length of work relationship.