The Hindu American Foundation (HAF) is seeking to hire a full-time Policy Analyst for Education. This position is new to the organization and will provide support to HAF’s education team on a wide range of education initiatives and programs. Primary responsibilities will include (1) conducting research, analysis, and writing on relevant education topics; (2) tracking and collating relevant education trends, issues, and policies; and (3) developing relationships with education organizations and institutions, and maintaining attendance at stakeholder events and meetings. This position reports to our Director of Education.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research education textbook reform processes in key districts and states across the country, and identify and monitor opportunities/timelines for engagement
- Track, collate, and analyze key education trends, issues, and policies relevant to the Hindu American community
- Assist in the development of and finding opportunities for distribution of education products, including but not limited to lesson plans, toolkits, primers, and guides
- Provide logistical support as needed for events, presentations, stakeholder meetings and outreach, and textbook reform initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of work experience in education, advocacy, policy, law, or a related field. Recent graduates with an advanced degree will be considered
- Strong research, writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of India and Hinduism
- Works well in a close-knit team environment, but can complete tasks independently when necessary
- Fluency in online platforms such as Google Apps, Zoom, social networks, commonly used office software.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in education, law, political science, or related field a plus.
Required Application Submissions:
- Cover letter
- Two professional references, including length of working relationship
- Two writing samples (up to 500 words; prior publications acceptable)