The Hindu American Foundation (HAF) is seeking to hire a full-time Policy Analyst for State and Federal Advocacy. This position is new to the organization and will provide support to HAF’s policy team on a wide range of advocacy initiatives and programs. Primary responsibilities will include (1) conducting research, analysis, and writing on relevant policy topics; (2) tracking and collating relevant local, state, and federal trends, issues, and legislation; and (3) developing relationships with policy organizations and institutions, and maintaining attendance at stakeholder events and meetings. This position reports to our Director of Public Policy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Track, collate, and analyze key local, state, and federal policy trends, issues, and legislation relevant to the Hindu American community and identify opportunities for engagement
- Provide research, writing, and analysis support for the creation of policy briefs, fact sheets, reports, articles, and other documents
- Provide logistical support as needed for events, presentations, briefings, and stakeholder meetings and outreach
- Draft communications and action alerts for advocacy campaigns
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- 1-3 years of work experience in advocacy, policy, law, or a related field. Recent graduates with an advanced degree will be considered
- Strong research, writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of India and Hinduism
- Works well in a close-knit team environment, but can complete tasks independently when necessary
- Fluency in online platforms such as Google Apps, Zoom, social networks, commonly used office software.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in law, political science, or related field a plus
Required Application Submissions:
- Cover letter
- Two professional references, including length of working relationship
- Two writing samples (up to 500 words; prior publications acceptable)